Saturday, October 7, 2017
Race Start Time: 10am - Check In Time: 8:30am
*Check-in at the Gazebo in Viking Memorial Park
The annual LØVE LØPE 5k is a family fun run that welcomes all ages and skill levels. The course is just over 3 miles and is run on pavement as well as a gravel road, which features 'Uffda Hill.' You may add the Toff Norsk challenge which features obstacle course stations along the route. Race begins at Viking Memorial Park at 10 a.m. (race day registration opens at 8:30 a.m.). The event is held rain or shine!
EACH PARTICIPANT MUST REGISTER SEPARATELY
EARLY REGISTRATION through September 24, 2017 (guaranteed shirt)
ADULTS $20.00 • YOUTH $15.00 • ADD TOFF NORSK $5.00
DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION - Viking Memorial Park on race day 8:30 a.m.
ADULTS $25.00 • YOUTH $20.00 • ADD TOFF NORSK $5.00
PLEASE REGISTER ALL PARTICIPANTS FIRST; YOU MAY THEN ADD THE PAYMENTS TO YOUR CART AND CHECK OUT.
About the TOFF NORSK Challenge
Part cross country and part obstacle course, the Toff Norsk 5K is much more than just your average run. While on the 5k LØVE LØPE route, Toff Norsk participants will encounter a variety of obstacles… this race will prove to be challenging and fun for many ages and will bring out your inner Norsk!!
Are you up for the challenge to prove your test of strength, power and mental toughness and call yourself a Tough Norsk?
So, which option should I choose?
• Choose the LØVE LØPE 5k if you want to run/walk the 5k loop without stopping to participate in the TOFF NORSK challenge. Awards to the top finishers in each category. Pre-registrations are guaranteed a t-shirt!
• Choose the LØVE LØPE + TOFF NORSK if you want to do the 5k run/walk PLUS the additional challenge obstacles along the route. There are separate awards for finishers of the TOFF NORSK optional challenge. Pre-registrations are guaranteed a t-shirt, plus you get a cool bandana!
AWARDS: First Men's finisher, First Women's finisher,
First Youth finisher, Best Team Showing;
First TOFF NORSK Men's, First TOFF NORSK Women's,
First TOFF NORSK Youth (12 and under)
NOTES: Teams must be made up of 3 or more runners; Individual team members must register and pay as individuals; please note Team Name on your registration form.
LØVE LØPE translated to Norwegian means 'Lion Run' (pronounced 'lew-va lew-pa')
This event is being sponsored by the Spring Grove Lions Club with funds raised to benefit community improvements.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How long is the race? Is it a hard course? The course is 5K or 3.1 miles. Yes, it is a little challenging and there is one big hill called 'Uff Da Hill'.
2. Can I walk? Slowly? Yes! This is a fitness event for all ages and skill levels.
3. Can I bring my kids? Strollers? Dog? Yes. Please make sure dogs are leashed and are up to date on vaccinations; as always, clean up after your pets!
4. Will there be bathrooms, water, aid stations, food? Yes, yes, yes, and yes!! We are working very hard to make this a very well run race.
5. LØVE LØPE? Uff Da? What is this place? Spring Grove is a vibrant rural community located in the Bluff Country of Southeast Minnesota. Many of our early settlers were Norwegian and we still celebrate this heritage today. So, in the fall we have a festival called Uff Da Fest and fill the town with goodies and events. LØVE LØPE means 'Lion Run' in Norwegian. Pronounciation: [løːve] [løːpe] (lewva-lewpa)